The purpose of the project is to support reforms in the water sector and contribute to improving efficiency in the provision of water services.
During the project activities, the organisation and business of public utility companies, which deal with the provision of water services, will be analysed and a model for their reorganisation and business improvement will be developed.
The project will work on the development and application of new tariff methodology and the establishment of a regulatory system in order to contribute to the most efficient management of public water supply and collection, disposal and treatment of wastewater.
All these activities will be implemented in order to improve the quality of the environment and the lives of the citizens of the Republic of Serbia, by improving environmental standards in Serbia in accordance with the standards and best practices of EU member states.
- EuropeAid reference
- Component 1: Assessment of the situation in the field of water services and preparation of proposals to increase their efficiency;
- Component 2: Support the implementation of revised cost recovery requirements (including the application of tariff methodology) and the establishment of a water tariff regulatory system.
- City / District
- Republic of Serbia
- EU Contribution
- 1,800,000 €
- Negotiating chapter
- 27 - Environment
- Implementation period
- January 2022 - January 2024
- Ministry for Agriculture, Forestry and Water - Republic Direction for Water Management
- Implemented by
- Eptisa Servicios de Ingenieria S.L. in consortium with Eptisa Southeast Europe